The following are NOT allowed at all in the Academy:
- Coats with offensive logos/badges or coats with eye windows.
- Denim or leather/leather look or knitted coats/jackets.
- Coloured T-shirts or bras, or T-shirts with logos under an Academy shirt (if a T-shirt is worn under a shirt, it must be plain).
- Sweatshirts/hoodies/ jumpers/cardigans/clothing made of sweatshirt material (with or without hoods), are not considered as coats and may not be worn.
- Jeans or jeans-type trousers.
- Boots of any kind, sandals, canvas shoes, trainers (except for PE), trainer shoes.
- Nail varnish, gel nails, false nails, tattoos, temporary or henna tattoos, false eyelashes or make-up (discreet make-up is allowed in Year 11).
- Jewellery, except for a wristwatch and one small stud per ear. All permitted jewellery must be removed for PE activities. Please note that 'smart' watches/fitness trackers are not permitted in the Academy.
- Nose/eyebrow/tongue or any other form of facial or body piercing.
- Hairstyles which are extreme, NO vivid or two-tone hair colours, NO cuts shorter than a number 1, NO patterns cut into hair, any hairstyles that have a change in hair length must be blended. Hairstyles must be graduated with no 'stepped' patterns or lines. Mohican style haircuts are not acceptable.
- NO beaded braids or braids with cotton/material weaves, NO extensions which do not match natural hair colour. A plain hair-slide, clip or 'bobble' is acceptable. No bandanas or scarves are to be worn in the hair.
- Beards or moustaches, or sideburns below the earlobes.
- Large belt buckles or studded/patterned belts (only black belts permitted).
The Academy can accept no liability for the loss of, or damage to, any personal property, including jewellery. This also applies to confiscated items.